Similar to clients, projects and fieldworkers, the supplier module also has a journal tab where you can record any notes or attachments that are separate to the supplier documents.
Here you have the option of a free text box and/or you can upload an attachment. These could be things such as schedule of rates or perhaps you would simply like to make note of any interactions with them.
To add a supplier journal entry:
Click Suppliers Suppliers Supplier Name to view and/or update details for an existing supplier
Click on the journal tab
To add a new journal entry, click the +ADD NEW JOURNAL ENTRY bar to create a new journal entry
Type the journal entry in the text box (up to 1000 characters)
Click the Choose File button to browse for a file to attach to this journal entry (optional)
Click the + Add comment button to save the new journal entry
To edit and manage supplier journal entries follow the first two steps above then
Search for the journal entry you wish to edit using the search bar above the list of entries
Once the applicable entry has been found, select either the comment or the attachment in order to trigger the edit
Edit the comments or upload a new file
Select 'save' or 'cancel' from the actions column located on the far right
To remove the journal entry follow the first two steps above then
Search for the journal entry you wish to remove using the search bar above the list of entries
Once the applicable entry has been found, click the red x found in the actions column located on the far right
A pop up message will appear asking you to confirm you would like to permanently delete this column.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Basics: What is a supplier?
- Basics: Adding, Editing and Archiving a Supplier
- Basics: Associating workers or assets to a supplier
- Basics: Getting started with Supplier Documents
- Basics: Editing and Removing Supplier Documents
- Basics: Emailing Supplier Documents
- Basics: Add, Edit or Remove Supplier Journal Entries
- Advanced: Supplier Linkages in the Dashboard
- Advanced: Supplier Ranking by Task
- Advanced: Adding pay rates to a supplier