The Projects view is where you create and manage your projects. Properties of projects include the project's client as well as the required inductions and competencies for workers on the project.
To list projects and find specific projects, follow these steps:
Click Projects Data, then Projects in the Navigation Panel to see a list of all your projects.
Click on the the search box at the top of one of the columns to search for projects (e.g. Project name or Location).
Click the Advanced Search button to perform an advanced search that includes multiple criteria.
Click ↑ or ↓ at the top of any column to sort the list alphabetically or numerically in ascending or descending order.
Click the vertical ellipsis (⋮)on the right side of project items and select Edit to see the details for that project.
Select Edit to open the projects detail screen.
Select Add sub project to link a child project to the selected project - this option enables a breakdown of a parent project into multiple sub projects, which can be helpful for large projects or projects with multiple phases or disciplines.
Select the Journal entries item to manage Journal entries that may have been added to the project.
- Select Archive to archive the project - this will remove the project from the list but not remove the data from the system.
On the left side of the projects list, multiple projects can be selected to perform the following actions:
- Archive the selected projects
Export the selected projects to a CSV (this will store information for the selected projects into a comma delimited file)
Advanced Project Search
- Click on the Advanced Search button to display advanced search panel on the right side of the view.
Enter your the desired search options and click, then click Search
To create a new project, click the Add Project button in the top right corner of the view:
The "New Project" dialog appears.
The following fields can be used to specify the project:
- Customer/Client name (required): select a customer/client from the list of customers defined in the system.
Project name (required): the name for the project that will appear throughout the system (e.g. schedule, worker allocations, timesheets and reports).
- Start/End (optional)
- Parent Project (optional):
Project address (optional): if specified, this populates into the "Location" field in the Order details screen if this project is selected.
- Supervisors (optional): used to choose the worker(s) who will act as supervisor(s) on the project. Supervisors have access to the Site Diary function in the Assignar mobile app.
- Project external ID (optional). This is usually used for importing data from external systems. Leave it blank if unknown.
- Orientations/Inductions (optional): add or remove any orientations/inductions (optional) that are required by workers for all orders for this project. Click and select from the drop-down list to add, or click the X to remove.
- Qualifications/Competencies (optional): add or remove any qualifications/competencies that may be required for workers on all orders for this project. Click and select from the drop-down list to add, or click the X to remove.
- Task/Role Groups (optional): use this option to restrict the tasks and assets available for this project’s orders and timesheets. Click and select from the dropdown list to add, or click the X to remove.
- Tags (optional) click and select from the dropdown list to add, or click the X to remove.
- Ticket/Docket Contacts (optional): choose the contacts that should receive tickets/dockets for the project.
- Activities/Cost Codes (optional): choose the relevant Activities/Cost Code for the project. Selected codes will be shown at the top of lists in the mobile application.
- Contacts (optional): add or remove one or more project contacts. Click and select from the dropdown list to add, or click the X to remove.
- Project Value (optional): estimated value of the project.
Click the Save and Close button to save the project and go back to the projects list. You will see a message to confirm that the project has been saved. You can always open edit the project later (see section below). Alternatively, click the Save button to save and keep editing this project. You will see a message to confirm that the project has been saved.
To edit an existing project, follow these steps:
Select the Edit option after clicking the vertical ellipsis (⋮) or simply click the project name.
The "Edit Project" view opens with the "Details" page open. Project details as described under "Adding Projects" can be modified here as needed.