Now that we’ve assigned our fieldworkers to work orders, we move over to the field. In the field, workers use the Assignar app to send information back to the office. This includes accepting an assignment, or saying ‘yes’ to working a shift in a particular role.
Why am I doing this?
Accepting an assignment is the first step in tracking time. Fieldworkers will need to download the app to complete this.
Here’s how to do it (click to see the video below):
Here are the steps:
- From the home screen of the Assignar app, tap ‘Timesheets’.
- The work that a fieldworker was assigned to will show up as a card with a location and start/end time. To accept an assignment, click ‘Confirm’.
- Tap into the card to see the location and any forms linked to this piece of work.
- Once on-site, tap ‘Check In’. This will start the timer.
- To indicate when a break was taken, tap ‘Start Break’ and ‘End Break’.
- At the end of the work day, tap ‘Check Out’
- Scroll down, sign, and tap ‘Submit Timesheet’
That’s right! All it takes is five taps and a fieldworker has tracked their time for the day.
Next, we’ll learn how to track time when a shift isn’t on the schedule.