We know that flexibility is crucial in construction. That’s why we’re going to cover how fieldworkers can track time for last-minute shifts or when they forget to track time on the day.
Loose timesheets are timesheets that aren’t tied to the schedule.
Why am I doing this?
Sometimes you don’t know what you need until you need it. When a fieldworker needs to cover sick leave or is unexpectedly needed onsite, completing loose timesheets will ensure their time still gets tracked.
Here’s how to do it (click to see the video below):
Here are the steps:
- From the home screen in the Assignar app, tap ‘Timesheets’.
- Under the date you want to track time for, click ‘Add Timesheet’.
- If you’ve already worked a shift on the day but need to record time for another, click the blue plus sign (+) on the bottom right and tap ‘Add Timesheet’
- Select the client and the project.
- Select your role (type of work you did).
- Tap the time to edit. Then, tap ‘Save’.
- To record an asset you worked with, click ‘Add Asset’ and choose from the drop-down list. Tap ‘Save’.
- If you took a break, you can add time under ‘Break’.
- Tap ‘Save’, then ‘OK’.
- When all time is recorded for the day, hit ‘Complete [Day]’ at the bottom.
You’ll see an overview of all the work you completed that day. You can click into each card to edit. If everything looks good, sign it, and tap ‘Submit Timesheet’.
Next, we’ll learn about forms and loose forms.