Note: this is a paid additional feature of Assignar; reach out to your account’s CSM for pricing!
Authentication and Setup
This article provides a step-by-step overview of setting up an Acumatica Integration in the Integrations Hub. This will require adding a customization to your Acumatica system and then following the set-up wizard in Assignar.
- On the left-hand navigation menu, open the Settings dropdown then select Integrations.
- On the Integrations module, under Native Integrations locate the Acumatica card and select Setup.
- On the Integration | Acumatica page, locate the Setup card and select Click here to get Started.
This will download the customization required to connect Assignar with your Acumatica instance.
- With the customization referred to above downloaded, in a new tab or window navigate to your Acumatica instance.
- In the search bar in the top left of Acumatica, begin typing “Customization.” In the Menu Items results you can then select Customization Projects under “Profiles.”
- On the Customization Projects page, select Import and then Choose File to select the customization file downloaded in the above steps. Then select Upload.
- Save the Customization Projects page.
The following steps are required to integrate the customization file with the Acumatica instance, and allow an external integration (Assignar) to connect with the instance.
- Once the file is uploaded, locate the Assignar Integration in the table on the Customization Projects page, and click the checkbox at the beginning of the row. Then click Publish. A Compilation popup will appear and the Customization Project will begin to compile.
⚠️You must also click the checkbox at the beginning of each row for any existing published Customization Projects before clicking the Publish button, or they will be unpublished.
When compilation is complete, a Validation finished successfully message and a Publish button will be displayed in the Compilation popup. Click the Publish button, which will run a few cleanup and update steps will run in the Compilation popup.
⚠️Clicking the Publish button will temporarily log out any active website users.
When the Website Updated message is displayed at the bottom of the Compilation popup, the process is finished and the popup can be closed.
The Customization Projects page should now display a checkmark in the 'Published' column on the newly installed integration's row. Save the Customization Projects page if it allows using the floppy disk icon.
- Back in the Assignar tab/window, select Authenticate.
- Select the Timezone you are in from the dropdown in GMT time.
- Enter the Tenant ID of the Acumatica instance, as well as the Instance URL.
The Instance URL is the website that you navigate to in order to log in, e.g. “assignar.acumatica.com”
- Select Create.
- The webpage will then ask you to sign into Acumatica. Once you click Sign In you will be prompted to grant permission to the integration. Select Yes, Allow with the default options selected.
- Once the authentication has been successfully created and the banner message displays, select Finish.
Once the page loads and the integration is enabled, navigate back to the tab/window on the Integration | Acumatica workflow page.
- To set up a new workflow, select the option on the table. This will open a slide-out menu where you can toggle the workflow on. Once enabled, the menu will pull filter data from Acumatica if present and populate with new options.
For example, “Sync All Active Employees” or “Select Filter Options”
Filter Options Include: Class, Branch, Dept.
- Once decided on, select the filter option that works best for your workflow and then select Save & Sync. This will begin to populate your Assignar instance with your Acumatica information.
- Repeat the previous Step 6 and Step 7 on any other workflow you would like to be active within your environment.
The workflows that have been enabled and saved will trigger a sync, however if you do not wish to wait for the ~1hr sync cycles you can always select the “…” menu at the right-hand side of the workflow menu option, then select Sync Now to trigger it immediately.
- Congratulations! You have successfully set up your Acumatica<>Assignar integration!