Before you start you should know
Watch this video
To learn how to setup your Acumatica Integration, watch this quick video. This will require adding a customization to your Acumatica system and following the set-up wizard in Assignar. Or, read on for the written steps below.
To begin, navigate to the Acumatica Integrations page
- From the navigation menu in the Assignar Web App, under Settings, tap Integrations.
Next, download the customization required to connect Assignar with your Acumatica instance
- From the Integrations page, tap Setup, within the Acumatica card.
- From the Acumatica page, tap Click here to get Started.
- This will download the customization required to connect Assignar with your Acumatica instance.
Next, navigate to your Acumatica Instance and upload the downloaded customization file
- In a new tab or window, navigate to your Acumatica instance.
- In the search bar, type 'Customization'
- Select Customization Projects
- From the Customization Projects page, select Import and then Choose File.
- Then, select the customization file that was downloaded earlier.
- Save the Customization Projects page.
- Once uploaded, locate the Assignar Integration in the table on the Customization Projects page.
Let's now compile and publish
- Tap the checkbox at the beginning of the row, then Publish.
- A Compilation popup will appear and the Customization Project will begin to compile.
- Note: You must also click the checkbox at the beginning of each row for any existing published Customization Projects before clicking the Publish button, or they will be unpublished.
4. When compilation is complete, a Validation finished successfully message and a Publish button will be displayed in the Compilation popup.
5. Click the Publish button, which will run a few cleanup and update steps will run in the Compilation popup. Note that clicking the Publish button will temporarily log out any active website users.
6. When the Website Updated message is displayed at the bottom of the Compilation popup, the process is finished and the popup can be closed.
7. The Customization Projects page should now display a checkmark in the Published column on the newly installed integration's row.
8. Save the Customization Projects page if it allows using the floppy disk icon.
Back in Assignar, next Authenticate
- Back in the Assignar tab/window, select Authenticate.
- Select your Timezone from the dropdown in GMT time.
- Enter the Tenant ID of the Acumatica instance, as well as the Instance URL. The Instance URL is the website that you navigate to in order to log in, e.g. “assignar.acumatica.com”
- Select Create.
- The webpage will then ask you to sign into Acumatica. Once you click Sign In you will be prompted to grant permission to the integration.
- Select Yes, Allow with the default options selected.
- Once the authentication has been successfully created and the banner message displays, select Finish.
Finally, setup your new workflow
- To set up a new workflow, select the option on the table. This will open a slide-out menu where you can toggle the workflow on. Once enabled, the menu will pull filter data from Acumatica if present and populate with new options.
For example, “Sync All Active Employees” or “Select Filter Options”
Filter Options Include: Class, Branch, Dept.
- Once decided on, select the filter option that works best for your workflow and then select Save & Sync. This will begin to populate your Assignar instance with your Acumatica information.
- Repeat step 6 and 7 on any other workflow you would like to be active within your environment.
The workflows that have been enabled and saved will trigger a sync, however if you do not wish to wait for the ~1hr sync cycles you can always select the “…” menu at the right-hand side of the workflow menu option, then select Sync Now to trigger it immediately.